The Department of Infrastructure Development is headed by a Director with five (5) divisions as follows:
i. Transportation West
ii. Transportation East
iii. Transportation, Planning and Design
iv. Engineering Services
v. Material and Geotechnics
The Department has the responsibilities of making provisions for physical infrastructure such as Roads, Power supply, Water Supply and also collaborates with relevant agencies for provision of Inland waterways and Rail Infrastructure; including providing information for and assisting in Policy formulation and coordination for effective and efficient infrastructural development in the Niger Delta Region.
Achievements of Infrastructure Department (2015 -2018)
i. Road Projects
5 Nos. Road construction projects have been completed across the Niger Delta Region with a total length of 17.4 KM,
a. Rehabilitation and re-construction of Otuo Ikhin Road in Owan East LGA Edo State, Phase 1 (4km);
b. Complete rehabilitation and re-construction of Otuo-Afuze Road with a spur to Anchorage Road, Otuo in Owan East LGA, Edo State Phase 1 (6km);
c. Rehabilitation of Broad Street Ode-Aye, Okitipupa LGA, Ondo State (3.8km);
d. Construction of Ode-Aye-Igbotako Road Okitipupa LGA, Ondo State (3km)
e. Contract for Asphalting of two-lane road from Expressway Multi-Purpose Hall, Oredo LGA Ward 2 Ekae Community, Edo South Senatorial District, Edo Sate (0.340km). While a total of 28 Nos are ongoing at various levels of completion. 29 Nos of engineering designs road projects have been completed,
while a total of 28 Nos have been awarded for construction which are ongoing at various levels of completion.
ii. Electrical Projects
- 7 Nos. electrification projects have been completed across the Niger Delta Region, while a total of 6 Nos. are ongoing at various levels of completion; and
- 3 Nos engineering design electrification projects have been completed.
iii. Water Supply Projects
- 28 Nos mini water schemes/projects have been completed across the Niger Delta Region, while a total of 5 Nos are ongoing at various levels of completion; and
- 1 No. engineering design water supply project completed
iv. Inland Water Ways Project
- 5 Nos. Engineering Design Jetty Projects are ongoing.