The Human Resource Management Department facilitates deployment and provides effective utilization of Human Resources to achieve both the objectives of the organization, job satisfaction for staff and career development of the employees.
It covers Appointment, Promotion and Discipline as well as Staff Welfare and Training.
The Department is headed by a Director and has a staff strength of forty (40) with two Divisions supervised by a Deputy Director each. The Divisions are:
- Appointment, Promotion and Discipline; and
- Staff Welfare and Training Division.
The Activities of the Department are as follows:
- In conjunction with the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC), the Ministry recruited Three Hundred and sixty Nine (369) senior staff and had accordingly been deployed to the Nine (9) Niger Delta State Offices;
- The Senior Staff Committee met in the last quarter of 2013 and considered cases for Conversion, Promotion and Upgrading, and successful officers have been issued letters accordingly;
- Junior Staff Committee (JSC) Headquarters (HQs) met in 2013 and recruited twenty seven (27) nos. of staff and the exercise was subsequently approved by the Permanent Secretary;
- Yearly collation of promotion briefs for Directorate Levels;
- Issues on promotion, conversion, advancement and upgrading are ongoing;
- Staff Bus Scheme: The Department runs Staff Welfare Bus Scheme to ease staff transportation
- Sports Club: The Department oversees the activities of the Sports Club;
- The Club also participates in the Monthly Keep-Fit Walking and Jogging exercise being organized by FEPSGA for the staff.
- Cooperative Thrift and Loans Schemes: The Cooperative has secured hectares of land along the Mararaba/Mpape by-pass for sale to staff for residential houses;
- Group Life Assurance: The Department liaises with the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) on Group Life Assurance Scheme. Currently, Cornerstone Insurance Plc. and Laudable Assurance Brokers are the underwriters for the Ministry under the “Death in Service” Benefit Scheme; and
- Staff Training: The Ministry has organized several training programmes for the staff from inception to date. In year 2015 the following training activities have been undertaken:
- Work Ethics and Organizational Productivity for 127 Grade level 10 – 12 Officers;
- Ten (10) Nos. Officers for the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) SMAT-P Programme;
- Interpersonal skills Improvement Workshop for grade level 13 – 14 officers of the Ministry.